Monday, January 16, 2017

Threeeeee....months left!!

I've seen a few miracles this week.  We've been looking through the former investigators list to see who we needed to check up on and who we felt might need a visit.  We tried a former investigator who was actually a member, but less active.  Also - the address was wrong!  We went to the house to visit and a young girl told us, "she actually lives over in that other house."  Sooo, we went over to the other house and a lady answered the door.  She wasn't the person we were looking for either, but she invited us in anyway and said she wanted to learn more about the church.  Her husband sat in on the lessons with us too.  They're thinking of attending the church!  Sister Huang told this story to the Hermanas in our apartment and said we "accidentally tracked."  Haha!  We found a new investigator!!! Yay!

Someone also gave us the idea to draw the Plan of Salvation on a sidewalk at the park.  We got some chalk and started drawing.  That was fun!  Neither of us knew how effective this was going to be. But I drew a map of the Plan of Salvation while Sister Huang wrote the lyrics for "I Am a Child of God".  As we were finishing, a family came up to us and asked what we were doing.  We taught them about the Plan of Salvation and then sang "I Am a Child of God" to them.  The dad tried to get his shy kids to sing with us.  It was so cute!  It was amazing!  We walked out of the park learning a valuable lesson about faith.  And then, we also got a referral.  We had to drive back and forth from San Jose to Sunnyvale to help her with something.  It was a little stressful but hey, we got a referral.

Not much more to report this week, but there were some miracles.  I gave a talk yesterday about how my mission has helped me to love God and serve others.  I am so thankful for everything God has done for me.  Our lives and our friends and our dreams change, but God doesn't change.  He will always be there for us.  And Jesus Christ will be your friend no matter what.

I read this scripture last night and it almost made me cry.  I love this!

Alma 56: 45, 47-48
45 And now I say unto you, my beloved brother Moroni, that never had I seen so great courage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites...
47...yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."

Thanks Mom!

- Love Always, Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment