Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Miracles! Boo-yah!

This week was fun, and a little slow.  But we had exchanges with the El Camino Hermanas.  I was with Hermana Doyle, and Sister De La Torre was with Sister Lindsay.  It was really fun with them.  I went contacting with Hermana Doyle and she is so motivated!  She wanted to talk with everyone and we made some good contacts. Then they got to come with us to a relief society activity at our Ward, and someone who lived in my first area brought a non-member friend!  It was amazing!  I didn't recognize her at first. She's Bishop Judd's daughter (my first bishop on the mission). We got to know her friend and she seems interested in coming to church. We gave her our number and offered service. THAT - was a great day!  

AND...I've been learning to decorate cupcakes.  Well, not full time of course - just for one activity.  It was fun.  

The area is doing fine. We've been finding more people and been doing more less active work. Getting new phones has been a blessing because we went through the contacts and took care of numbers that weren't needed and saved some numbers we didn't know. Hopefully we'll be getting some potential investigators from that. 

I think the only things I'm stressed out about lately is school, and backing up my iPad.  But Sister Lindsay has been such a great help.  She doesn't really stress, and she doesn't judge me for stressing and is always asking how she can help me. She's the best! The past few weeks have been awesome with her. We laugh a lot, tell each other stories, and teach well together. She's so cool! 

Miracle!!!! We invited the Ward council to fast and pray for a Brother and his children. We've been wanting the mom's permission for them to be baptized. And I've been praying and fasting for them. After sacrament meeting, we ran into him and his children and he said: "Good news, we've got permission. We want to have them baptized the day before Easter."  I am so happy for them! I had a feeling a baptism was going to happen before I left, if anything, setting a baptismal date. 

Let's see... Scripture of the Week... 
"Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth.
For behold, thus said Jesus Christ, the Son of God, unto his disciples who should tarry, yea, and also to all his disciples, in the hearing of the multitude: Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Mormon 9: 21-22 

- Always, Sister Brown 

No comments:

Post a Comment